Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jungle Fever: Edwards Endorses Obama 48 minutes ago!


Jungle Fever! Yep, that's what my picture-drawing-during-mathclass-son says i have, and i thought i was masking that pretty well with all the high-road politics!! And that's why he got me this blow up of Barack for Mothers Day. or maybe just to shut me up and get me to stop picking fights with anyone who disagrees with me - which is very non-Obama of me, but yet again what i admire so much about him. i learn from such steadiness. which is good advice for any mother....so back to mothers day: my son greets me in the morning with a FABULOUS, unwrapped (as in the celaphane is even off!) CD of Jackson Brown's latest acoustic thing....exactly what i wanted. he tells me he ripped off the plastic so i wouldn't see the price tag from Best Buy. then he tells me to go downstairs because someono is there trying to make me coffee but he's not very good at it. i stumble down to the kitchen to greet a 6 foot tall smiling cardboard Obama! now i can put him at the lunch counter and we can eat panini and discuss Change in Washington and a Moral Clarity and a better future for the kids and no one interrupts me and he's cute and smiling and smart and agrees with my politics!
and he's coming in handy right now as i'm on my cell, calling and emailing as many people as possible to tell them about the Edwards endorsement. i like being the first to tell good and bad news.
i like the attention even at the risk of killing the messenger. so i'm hoping some of you have the blog on "alert" and i'll get CREDIT for telling you first.

i guess that's it. it's a credit thing. and i understand, after applying for a car loan recently, i only have a B or B+ credit rating so that's why i'm working extra hard for my A.

i think i do get an A for something, or double-E's for effort as they used to grade us back in the day - because i picked our next president a year and a half ago, so there. now, even John Edwards agrees! and he's extremely cute too.

No comments: